Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A New Body...10 weeks

After really stepping up this past week on my diet and making sure I had a wide variety of protein, starches, veggies and fats, I am feeling great!  Just within the past 2 weeks of monitoring my diet a little extra I have noticed results.  It can be difficult to compete because your body goes through fluctuations in weight and it's hard to find the balance of your normal body in everyday life and the one that steps on stage.  I am still a little ways out from my show and my diet has barely changed from how I eat on a regular basis but with monitoring my lax meal and keeping it about 85% clean I am finally seeing this hard earned muscle I have been dreaming about. I have a ways to go from what I ultimately want in terms of muscle but I am liking what I am seeing!  
Monday food prep for meals 2 and 4
for the rest of the week
As I had stated in a previous post I have ditched the scale mentality.  This has really helped my mindset and I am really loving what I see in the mirror regardless of what the scale says.  Since I was having a SUPAA FLY moment this weekend I decided...what the heck...why not just jump on for kicks and see what I weigh.  It has been at least a month or more since I have stepped on the scale and I had mixed feelings.  I got on and ....137.8.  I had a few different reactions to this number.

1.  Not the number I have been used to seeing for the past 6 to 10 months
2.  Around the 10 weeks mark prepping for my first show my weight was around 132
3.  Is this muscle, fat, both?

After taking in the number and digesting it...I have to say I was indifferent.  I am in a totally different body than I was back in July 2012 and I can't expect to build muscle weighing and looking the same as I did then.  I have really increased my lifting..lessened my cardio...and dang it...I think it's muscle.  Before I had stepped on the scale I was admiring my arms and the definition I was seeing and I was starting to see some abs again....seeing that number did not defeat me...it let me know that the hard work I was putting in was paying off.  Who cares if the scale is higher/lower ect..whatever..if you are happy with what's staring back at you in the mirror then that's all that matters. 

Show News:
  • Foxwoods rooms are booked for Friday and Saturday night YIPEE!
  • Theme wear is coming along...getting my suit made from a designer in Miami and then snazzed up by Christine Summers.
  • Ordered another bikini...I swear...I have a problem...I don't need a new bikini...I just want one
  • Working on my registration for the show...if I wasn't broke now..I sure will be after I register
  • Sportswear for model shorts came in...holy beyonce, jlo, karsashian.....there is a lot of tush going and I don't even have a tush ...YIKES...I suppose when you order shorts off of discount stripper...what do you expect eh?
This second time around competing I am feeling amazing.  I am not as stressed since I know what to expect ..for the most part.  I absolutely love my coach and BA Team and our Slaughterday's.  I will have a few obstacles coming my way in the next few months but I am determined to get on stage looking and feeling my best!

BA girls and I getting our practice on!




















Progress Pics:




No comments:

Post a Comment