| My typical Mon - Fri diet lately |
I took a 4 month break period from my first show until February 2013 when I started prepping for April 2013. 4 months is not a long time and certainly not long enough to get to know your new body. I really enjoyed my summer, gained a few extra lbs, skirted around cardio but I think letting my body go through all of these changes...highs and lows..has really helped to to figure out what works. I had weeks where I didn't prep any food and weeks where I had all my meals prepped. Weeks where I did 6 days of working out and some week's 4 but the best part was...the world didn't end. It's life people...we can't be 100% all of the time. I've learned meal prepping just works for me whether I am prepping or not...I like having my food ready..it's just easier. Some days I got overwhelmed between cardio, lifting, abs ect..it made me resent the gym for a short period of time. I love working out and I don't want to dread it so you have to do what works for you and what makes you happy.
| Sunday...not so perfect |
I want to share the images below to reflect how much the body changes and this is a one year span. The first picture below was 9/28/2012, the day after my first show. Legit withered away to nothing. I look back at this photo and cringe at how skinny I was. The second image is the week before my second show 4/20/2013. Luckily I had built up some muscle in my 4 months off season so I wasn't quite as "skinny" looking and was able to hold on to some muscle. The third photo is from 9/6/13 There's no ripped abs or snazzy oblique line. I took this photo a few weeks ago because I decided I needed to step up my game and really figure out what i want. I will post a new progress pic sometime next month. Overall, it's a roller coaster ride of ripped, to bloated back to ripped and I am on the hunt to find my happy in between

I wish everyone the best in their journeys competing or not but from someone who has done both...super strict to total binge eating at points.....it's worth taking the time to find that happy medium. I'm still not totally there...but on my way :)
I plan to post progress pics soon. I've been pretty good the last 3 weeks with my diet and exercise so I am hoping I see some results!
No comments:
Post a Comment