Monday, April 30, 2012

Goal Setting 101

I have decided to create a blog solely for tracking my fitness progress.  I need to start creating some fitness related goals for myself because right now I am doing the standard routine week after week.  Looking through peoples photos on facebook of their marathons, races, bikini competitions etc are fun to admire but depressing at the same time.  I work out and eat really well but I don't really have anything to show for it.  Obviously seeing the number on the scale go down and clothes fitting better is an accomplishment but I want more.  I am so indecisive as well as bipolar.  Literally I have a new goal every day.  Last week it was become a wellness coach.  Last month it was sign up for a half marathon and this month it's train to compete in a bikini fitness competition.  These are not exactly short term small goals that are easy to achieve.  They all require money, some more than others, and months of preparation. 

After telling my boyfriend and family this new goal their expressions were less than thrilled.  I admit, when you look at these fitness competition photos the outfits are not exactly demure.  She didn't quite put it like this but I am pretty sure my mom thinks I will look like a hoochie mama.  My boyfriend on the other hand is supportive but is not really into the dropping weight and losing what I have left of my boobs!

REASONING FOR WANTING TO TRAIN/COMPETE IN FITNESS COMPETITION:

and when I say fitness competition I am not talking about the ultra buff women. I am looking more towards the bikini competitions with a softer look.

1. The hard work and dedication that goes into these competitions is A LOT of freaking work.  You have to be mentally and physically prepared to face endless temptations along the way but I think the reward is worth it.

2.  Seeing your body in its most amazing form.  These woman look incredible and I am not talking play boy bunny hot.  I mean you can literally see all their hard work with every pose.  The muscle definition is insane and what woman would not want to look like that! It's not about being skinny anymore ladies!

3. For women who are very into the whole eating clean/training dirty routine we are more often than not dressed in workout clothes with a messy bun on our heads.  Don't get me wrong, I love workout clothes but I also love to dress up.  These competitions give woman, who typically spend most of their days sweaty, no makeup and swamp ass, an excuse to really VA VA VOOM it up and look their best.  They may look like they got trapped in a tanning bed and couldn't get out but who doesn't like to look a little bronzed every now and again?

Below is my virtual trainer ( The Get in Shape Girl).  I have really enjoyed following her progress and journey preparing for her competition.  I started with her the first week in January 2012 and have lost almost 10 lbs.  I was not huge to start with but these 10 lbs have really opened my eyes to a whole new community of woman and way of life. 

This goal WILL take hard work, dedication and some education on how to prepare cause I have no clue!  I would really like to stick to something but with my ever changing goal setting you never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment