Wednesday, April 17, 2013

10 DAYS!!!!

Well....it's here...10 day countdown.  HOLY CRAP. As long as this show prep has felt...now that it's here...where did the time go?!

This has been a harder prep for me than the last time.  I was SUPER restrictive for my first show and followed everything to a T.  Once I was able to add normal healthy foods and treats back into my diet I did not want to give them up. 

I will give some advice to those debating vacation 2 weeks' before a show....unless it's an island that bans junk food...DON'T DO IT!  I totally needed the relaxation and I feel so re-energized but my goodness...if I had to sit through another dinner and watch my dad inhale a slice of chocolate, carrot or pina cola cake I was about to scream.  This brings me to the "Dutch Baby". Monday night we went to a great restaurant in Sarasota.  I had some scallops and asparagus which were delicious but then my boyfriend ordered dessert. My biggest mistake was thinking I had control to only have one bite...ya okay.  This "Dutch Baby" was an apple pie baked in a skillet with cinnamon ice cream and caramel sauce OMGGGGGGGG.  One bite turned into two and two turned into three...I didn't kill the dessert but I should not have even touched it to begin with. 

The next morning I woke up wrapped in so much guilt.  What the hell was I doing...so from Tues - Sat ..I didn't touch another thing.  Looking back, a week later, was having a few bites of the dessert the end of the world?  We are human..I know I sure as hell am not perfect...as dedicated and strict as I am most of the time I fall off the wagon and take a few missteps here and there.  When stuff like the "Dutch Baby" happens you cannot let it defeat your mentality.  Ya shit, I screwed up and I learned from it but amidst some of these occurrences, I managed to lose 3lbs on vacation. 


Back to the good ole' routine which I hate to say...I kind of missed.  I enjoy my gym time after work and meeting up with some of the BA girls.  The gym I used in Anna Maria served its purpose but my goodness this thing was old.  I swear, the seated calf raise machine felt like it was one screw away from completly disassembling while I was on it.  I will say, if you eveer want to feel like a straight of power house beast...attend a gym with all old people LOL.  I was the youngest thing in there by a few decades. 


Sportswear in September....
wait to you see how she changed it!
In Show News:  I am carb cycling like a mofo right now but my body has become somewhat accustomed so my enegry level does not seem so low anymore.  I am seeing changes in my body which is always the coolest part.  I picked up my sportswear from my seamstress yesterday and this woman worked some serious magic!!! I loved my blue Rogiani that I wore for September but it just wasn't the most flattering top and bottoms for my figure.  She re-vamped it and I was soo impressed! 
I had to leave my dress with her since I lost a little weight and she needs to bring it in a smidge but overall it looks a thousand times better than the day it came in the mail. Everything is coming together and now it's just a waiting game. 

Progress Pics:

ohhh...I am going to be sneaky and make you all wait til show time now!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are so inspirational Madaleyn and I can't wait to see your pics. Hopefully we'll get to compete together sometime. So glad to be part of the BA team with you.

    ReplyDelete