Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Droppin' it like it's HOT

Whoa baby where do I begin?! Since my last post a lot has happened.  For starters, I am now a sponsored model for HotDrop Apparel www.hotdropapparel.com.  I went on an amazing overnight to Maine with my boyfriend, was asked to do a last minute photo shoot which resulted in making the front of HotDrop's website and made it through Memorial Day weekend!

www.hotdropapparel.com
Let's start with HotDrop!  I am a believer that everything in life happens for a reason but I also feel that we are the makers of our own destiny.  My photo shoot with David Brazier is coming up next weekend and a few weeks ago I made the decision to put myself out there!  Nothing in life has been handed to me...I consider myself a very fortunate person but I work for what I have.  If you are looking to work with a company or get sponsored you can't just wait around for them to come to you.  This may be the case for some people but personally I am well aware companies are not just going to be sending free swag my way.

To get what you want you have to take the initiative and sometimes it will work, sometimes it may not.  I reached out to HotDrop in hopes of working with them for a few reasons.  One, they are local to me, which means I am able to meet them and it's not a ton of money to travel in the chance they wanted to work together.  Two, I really like their clothing!  Go for brands or products that you like otherwise who wants to promote something you don't believe in!   HotDrop's apparel is SUPER comfortable, great for sweating since it's made for Bikram but can be worn for all fitness activities and the patterns and colors are vibrant and fun!

To my surprise and pure amazement they wanted to work with me! Before a year ago, I've never been "that girl" meaning I never win things, put myself out there or had the confidence to do this kind of stuff.  Each day is a new opportunity to become the person you have always wanted to be and I am finally seeing that! They reached out and asked if I was available for a shoot this past weekend and the Ben and Jerry's I had consumed a few days prior was the first thing that popped into my head.  My diet had not been perfect and I was terrified of not looking the part.  My coach, Janelle, made a really good point.  At this point in my new found fitness life I cannot pass down a single opportunity.  She was so right and I really could not be happier that I put my own reservations aside and just went for it!




















My photo shoot was this past Sunday at their studio in Boston.  I did my own hair and makeup (HOLD THE PHONE) yes, mildly freaked out about it since the last time I curled my hair was months ago and my makeup consists of everyday going to work nothing snazzy.  As a model, which I don't consider myself at all but typically you have your makeup done but there will be occasions where you have to do things yourself.  To save money and time I decided to do some research on YouTube and pick up some stuff at Target.  I practiced a few times during the week after work and was really happy with the way it turned out! I did a mystic tan the day before the shoot $30 bucks, used hot rollers for about 45 mins morning of the shoot and did my own makeup! 

 The shoot was amazing.  Meredith, HotDrop's owner, had a great line-up of ideas for the photos.  Her husband was the photographer and the pair made me feel so comfortable!  I will say photo shoots are harder than they look.  It's not like they just snap one shot of you doing a push up on a medicine ball.  You need to hold this pose for longer than one would think and I was shaking like a leaf! My favorite outfit of the day was by far the Guru K bra.  This is the outfit featured on the front of their website (OMG SHUT THE FRONT DOOR...so so cooool).  It is so flattering and really comfortable. 

Overall, I am in awe that all of this went down within a matter of a few weeks.  My advice, go for what you want and refuse to settle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment