Let me be the first one to say..I have not been perfect with my diet or workouts. I am having an absolute ball this summer going on long weekend trips to my family and trips to see my college girlfriends I haven't seen in years. We have to prioritize what we think is important in our lives and right now I am focusing on balancing staying fit but also letting myself have a little fun. I have been having a few cocktails on the weekends and more starches/fruits in my diet. I have given up steady state cardio and am solely relying on my HIIT as well the burn I get from lifting. I am lifting heavier than I ever have..mainly cause Amy, my workout partner, is increasing her weights so I go along for the ride and I am honestly surprised at what I can lift. Sometimes I look at the weights and assume 35lbs are way to heavy for my suitcase squats. Amy will grab them so I give them a shot and BAM...not so bad.
You may be wondering if I have weighed myself lately? Yeah Freaking Right! The scale has no purpose to me anymore. It makes me crazy and I am SO over letting a number define my emotions for the day. I am relying on the way my clothes fit, progress pics and check-ins with my coach. I haven't really been taking progress pictures since the show ended but I think in order to really measure my progress it has to be done. I know I have gained weight since the show which I was fully prepared for this time around. Since I am enjoying summer so much..I am feeling a lil fluffier than usual but I am okay with it for now. If I was being ON POINT with my diet and perfect with my workouts I would be a bit more disappointed with my photos but realistically I haven't been... you get out of it what you put in.
With all of that being said, I still eat 6 meals a day, drink a gallon of water and prep my food for wherever I am going. For instance, I just came back from a great long weekend in Maine with my boyfriend and as much as I wanted to not pack a suitcase full of food it has become so ingrained in my day to day life that it's second nature. I don't want to rely on having to go out for every meal or snack. We ate out for dinner every night and I ordered what I wanted off the menu and had desert. Did I feel guilty, noo! I have been on 2 vacations in the last year where I was super strict and I needed to be able to enjoy myself.
I did however pack bfast, lunch and snacks for each day.
Bfast:
hard boiled eggs
Pre-made oats in zip lock bags (oats, cinnamon, stevia, chai seeds and 1 T of almond butter)
Almond milk - for my oats the main house had a microwave so I just brought Tupperware and would dump my baggies in and add almond milk and heat away.
Berries
Lunch:
Joseph's lavish wrap
Low sodium turkey
spinach
Kale Chips (from Trader Joes)
Snacks:
Cottage cheese & fruit
apples, cherries, carrots, sugar snap peas all to snack on
Seltzers: I brought 4 with my and they are life savers in terms of switching up the H20.
I really enjoy eating clean and it makes me feel great but I do think there is a time and a place to incorporate treats and lax meals and vacation is one of them.
So here goes nothing - Progress Pics 07/11/13

I like where your head is at. I hate packing all my food too, but I'd rather save money and feel better, physically, by bringing food. However, something I am experimenting with now when I go away, is not eating every 3 hours. Sounds weird, right? Totally goes against what I know, but when you go away you eat out often, so portions are larger. They keep you full longer, and if you eat every 3 hours, but you still have those larger portions you end up with a huge excess. So lately, as you know I've been traveling a ton, I just kind of go with the flow and listen to my body on when I actually need food.
ReplyDeleteI think what you are doing is super healthy. And I think you should enjoy yourself and live in the moment! You got this girl!!
There is nothing fluffy about what you got going on in these pix girlfriend! One thing that I learned from doing my show was that the image you see (the athletes) is much different than what is actually there. We are all our own worst critics but post show it seems are reflection gets distorted for a bit
ReplyDeleteI'm with the get in shape girl, I do 2 Bigger meals traveling if seems like with a couple snacks--im always more full from 'world' food, even when its healthy choices than I am from my Tupperware. Its so liberating to me to go on vacation and not pack my food--but to be so rooted in my healthy lifestyle that even though I allow whatever I want, I typically choose healthy stuff anyway.
Proud of you, for your success in competitions And for your goal to live your life happy and balanced where you are today in your journey. Very impressive and inspiring to watch
You look beautiful, lady! and I just read your most recent post. Take care of that body <3 <3 <3
ReplyDelete