Monday, June 11, 2012

Walk That Walk

I want to start off by saying I had an amazing weekend.  I didn't even do anything major but it was filled with my favorites things: friends, exercise, food (some clean some not so clean) and family.

Via my last post, I jumped the gun earlier than planned to enroll in Cathy Savage Fitness mainly to sign up for the Sass and Class posing workout shop that was held this Saturday.  I wasn't sure how often they have these seminars so I wanted to get one in early that way I can walk around my house in stripper shoes all day everyday and perfect the walk/posing.  Pretttty sure my boyfriend is already over me showing him my walk since as soon as I got home I pranced around the house with excitement and made him watch me 5 times and again at my parents house. I was assigned my coach and nutrition/fitness plan which both at the moment seem totally doable and not much different than my current routine!

Let me rewind for a second pre-workshop and say how freakkingg nervous I was for this thing!! I felt like it was my first day at school and was terrified no one would sit next to me at lunch.  Would all the girls be veterans and I would look like a goon?  Would I be the chunky one? These types of scenarios playing over and over in my head. 

Within the first 5 minutes of signing in and meeting Cathy I had already met 5 girls who were basically brand new and who were competing in the September show!!! Meeting other newbies really set my nerves at ease and it helped that they were all super friendly.  There were a few other girls that had competed before and looked AHH-mazing. They were competing in the Miami show this upcoming weekend so their bods were rockin!  We learned the proper walk and posing for the bikini show and after a few shaky runs I felt more comfortable and confident.  Overall I left with such an exhilarating feeling and felt proud of myself for taking this whole bikini competition notion and turning it into a reality!

I will start my official check-ins with my coach next Monday since it's every two weeks until the 12 week mark.  Below is my food for day one of bikini prep.  They give you more of a guideline of proteins, carbs, fats ect and you do what you want with it! 

Meal 1: (not shown) 1/2 cup oats, 1 T almond butter, 1/2 cup strawberries, 3/4 cup egg whites with spinach and mushroom
Meal 2: 4 egg whites, 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1 cup yellow pepper
Meal 3: about 3.5 oz turkey breast, 1/4 cup brown rice quinoa mix, 1 cup green beans side of 1 oz almonds
Meal 4: 3.5 oz turkey breast 1/4 cup sweet potato chips

Meal 5: extra lean turkey meatballs with eggplant
Meal 6: casein shake or egg whites with side of green beans

A lot of preparation for this thing.  Should get interesting with no dishwasher or AC in the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment