The seminar was from 9am to 5pm, jam packed with everything you need to know about the life of a bikini competitor. Since I have competed in a show already you'd think I would know all of the information and what it takes to get on stage but that's far from the truth. Leading up to my first show I was a ball of nerves and would google, YouTube, reach out to other competitors/coach for all of my questions/information. I think for newbies as well as veterans, the seminar was super informative and really addressed all of a person's concerns going into a show. It felt great to listen in on the information but also to have experienced a show before an
d really know what my coach was talking about. When you have never done a show and people talk about being on stage, tanning prep, week of show diet ect...it's a little scary and overwhelming. Having gone through all of this, I was able to really soak all of the information in without seeing visions of face-planting on stage or showing up green from the tanner.
9am sharp we all arrived, each equip with enough bags to go on vacation. One thing about a bikini competitors...we don't pack light. 1 gallon of water, cooler packer with 2 meals, second workout outfit, suits, heels...you name it..I probably had it. Not to mention I was anxiously waiting to use my new LuLu Lemon bag I got for Christmas.
We first sat together and discussed all of the federations and the differences between each one. Fitness America is the federation that best suits me at this point but someday I may branch out and try the WBFF. I ordered a new pair of 5...yes that's right 5 inch heels to now practice in for the April show. My heels were only 4.5 in September so maybe an extra half inch will give my legs some extra umph.
We were then split up into 3 groups, (45 mins of Tabata, 45 mins of Slaughter and 45 mins of chatting with suit designers and suddenly sparkly). Luckily, I was in the group that got Tabata over with first because that's always a doozy. I enjoy getting my sweat on but the bling was calling my name. I spent so much money on my first show that by the time it came down to accessories I just couldn't afford to really bling it up. I have seen Suddenly Sparkle's bracelets in pictures and have been wanting some for awhile..so I splurged! They are not the cheapest accessories but I know they will really pop on stage!
After everyone completed the 3 rounds we moved into nutrition. There is still so much I don't know about food that I loved hearing all of the questions. The one thing I really like about Janelle (my coach), is that she is so knowledgeable about nutrition. She likes whole foods/ingredients and wants us all to eat the same way. I think the allure of supplements can definitely be tempting and let's face it, easy, but in the long run..I'd rather know how to eat whole/real foods than rely on a processed supplement. Finally, my favorite part of the day....the strutting. CHILLDDD...I could strut for days if you'd let me! (sorry inner diva comes out when I talk about strutting). I was never in drama or super outgoing but for whatever strange reason...as soon as I put those heels on...the inner diva is itching strut & pose. I still have a lot of work to do on my walk and posing but it's by far my favorite aspect of competing. Since I just love the drama, I've decided to get new theme wear. Jane Bond was good to me but I want to bring the heat for April. My new theme wear is in the works and I am really excited to start practicing the routine!!
Here are my progress pics for this week 1/18/13...BTW..I am throwing out my scale. A goal for myself in 2013 is forget the number. It does not define me or how I feel. I want to love how I look in the mirror and I don't need a number to get in the way of that!



No comments:
Post a Comment