Thursday, March 14, 2013

6 Weeks...Cut the SH*t

Alright...enough already.. it's time to cut the shit!!! I'll be honest here ..to the joe schmo off the street I eat really well but I have been noticing these little extras here and there that I have allowed myself.  I totally caved at Melting Pot on Monday night and gave in to some dessert and other little tid bits here and there.  I wouldn't say that it's one massive cheat meal..it's more like flirting.  Reality is all of these little flirting incidents add up and I would hate to get to the point where it's irreversible. 

You may be thinking..what is she really eating here? Is it that bad?  To the average healthy eater, no.  An extra I had this past weekend was Greek yogurt, granola and fruit..GASP!!  Not on plan right now....I had one crab Rangoon GASPPPP and 2 slices of turkey bacon...HOW DARE SHEEE. It's not like I am making pants splitting decisions here but I need to cut the shit.  I have 6 weeks left until I step on stage and I want my hard work and dedication to shine and not think to myself..damn If only I had cut the shit earlier.  Head is fully in the game and I am playing to win.  Win meaning, yaa you bet your ass I want to place.  Win meaning, I want to get on stage looking my very best.  Win meaning, have no regrets. Placing is not everything but you don't just spend all this money, train for 12 weeks or longer and have a restricted diet all for fun.  This is a huge show and like I have mentioned before the likelihood of placing is a lot harder.  If I don't place the world won't end and I won't give up competing but I might shed a quick tear and head for the almond butter ;)

On the upside, after close to a year changing my lifestyle, I feel like I finally have batch cooking down to a science.  I can bang out 8 meals within an hour and a half.  They key for me is planning two solid proteins and two veggies for meals 2 and 4 for Mon - Friday. This weeks' protein included crock pot chicken with Ken's no sodium lemon pepper marinade and egg white muffins.  I chopped up a mixture of pepper, sugar snap peas and cucumber and zip locked in 5 baggies and then roasted asparagus.  Starches are always my favorite which consisted of boiling two sweet potato's and mashing with cinnamon as well as quinao.  Typically, I always eat breakfast at home so meal 1 is never on the go and I usually pack leftovers from dinner for my lunch the next day.  Meal 5 and 6 are always at home so no need to prep.  Voila!  easy peasy!

In show news,  one of my suits is done and I am LOVING IT.  I would post a picture but I am going to keep everyone in suspense until show day!! My list of things to do has dwindled ..a tad.  Let's see here:

- Pay suit designer
-Order/buy crystals
-Order more Jan Tana
- Model dress alteration
-sports wear?
-Color hair extensions

Not THAT bad.  I am hoping to everything at least finalized before I leave for vacation in April.

Progress Pics: 3 14 13
Weight: 136 (upside..i have not gained)

No comments:

Post a Comment