Thursday, March 7, 2013

7 Weeks

Saturday will be the 7 week mark until the show!  March will either go by really fast or reallly slow.  My food has not changed a whole lot which is great since I am able to get my starches in and really push through my workouts.  I can't believe within the past few months how much I have improved in my lifting.  I am hoping that once my diet starts to cut down I can still bring the same energy to my workouts. 
 
This past Saturday I drove to meet with Christine Summer, suit designer of Body Ambition, to finalize my theme wear.  My cape came in and I couldn't be more excited about it!  Creating a solid theme wear routine is absolutely crucial to pull this cape off! I am going to schedule a private posing session with my coach so she can help me create something special. 
 
With all the exciting things happening I have to say I am freaking tired.  We started March workouts this week and my body is hurting!! I love going to the gym and find it really de-stresses me after a work day but I wish there were more hours in the day! For instance, Tuesday is my leg day.  I get to the gym around 4:30 and do my 30 mins of cardio whether it be HIIT or steady state before my friend arrives.  5pm we start our leg routine and finish that up around 6:10 - 6:15pm...6:20pm we start our ab circuit finishing everything up around 6:35pm.  I am not crying a river here but some nights it feels like by the time I eat dinner and shower...it's time for bed.  I could get up in the morning before work at 5:00 am but I don't have the energy to do some of the lifting without having a solid meal and water in my system.  WAMP WAMP..my debbie downer speech is over...ultimately hard work pays off and if you want to be a fitness competitor it takes hours in the kitchen and hours in the gym!
 
Ohhh...almost forgot!  I got a mystic tan last Friday because I just couldn't deal with my pale self for another day.  I have to say it came out great!! Minus one hand being a shade darker than the other I am sooo doing it again. It's pretty fool proof since it tells you where to put your feet and when.  The only thing I didn't like was feeling that sense of anxiety when the sprayer is about to hit your face.  It's like...do I take a deep breath? What if I panic and open my mouth? Overall, I recommend.  I used medium since the girl told me dark would be a little tooo much color given it's March!
 

Progress Pics 3/7/13


No comments:

Post a Comment