Thursday, May 17, 2012

One Month...who's counting?

Tomorrow marks one month until I start my bikini competition preparation!  I am really excited about the process and feel like I have a good mindset going into it.  I have no intentions on placing,  of course it wouldn't hurt, but I feel like I am REALLY going to try and keep the mind set that I am doing this for FUN.  I don't want to get so wrapped up in everything that I forget my reasoning for doing it in the first place.  I want to push myself and try something new BUT I want to make an conscious effort to still go out for dinner and not be a wreck about ordering.  If I go to a cookout I can't go into it with a bad attitude and act like Whoa is meee, I can't eat a juicy cheeseburger.  I will go to the supermarket and grab some healthy veggies to grill and a nice piece of protein and enjoy the company.  This is my outlook one month ahead...I suppose I will want to re-read this blog in about 2 months. 

In other news, the competition shoes I ordered don't fit.  What a drag.  I literally pounced on the UPS guy when they arrived yesterday all to realize that the plastic stripper Cinderella slipper does not fit.  Who doesn't make half sizes anyway? Now I have to go through all the return BS to get my credit.  The 10 better fit.  I did however order a red scrunch bum bikini for kicks and luckily that fit!  I think with each new delivery I get my dad's eyes roll back a little farther into his head. 



<--- I am hoping that 4 inch shoes are okay to wear because I will literally break my face in the 5 inch ones.







All this variety is the spice of life mumbo jumbo is really paying off because the scale is moving in the right direction!! I think adding the 5k race in after my cardio sessions on Tuesday is giving me an extra push.  May i mention that my time is faster than when I ran in college!! Granted I drank like a fish in college and ate shitty food so I am sure that has something to do with my times.  I set a PR from last week and got myself a smiley metal! 

Place Name               Time      Pace 
27 MADALYN     24:47.5PR  7:59 

Thus far this has been a really good week.  I have switched up my food, ran a 5k, struggled like a mofo through my HIIT sprints but got them in and really looking forward to my weekend.  I get to see my roommates from college and I am super excited.  I am one work day, a grocery shop and CATZ class away from enjoying my weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment