Well...ugh...it's been a little less than three weeks since my show and I am struggling with staying on track. I was amazed by my self-control this summer at countless bbqs and tempting situations but this weekend it's like that new person never existed. My diet is really on track during the week and I can seem to hold off the urge to indulge but by the time Friday rolls around I am fiending. My ultimate goal in this post show phase is to keep it clean Mon - Fri and enjoy a relaxed meal Saturday OR Sunday. OR being the key word here! I don't mind if I have a little something on both days but in moderation. Moderation this weekend just wasn't in the vocab. It started off Friday, which I typically eat in to avoid indulging early, with Blue Teleh. This is an awesome restaurant in my downtown which has great quality sushi and Thai dishes. My parents and I split 2 apps and 3 entrees which consisted of lettuce wraps, broccoli stir fry and chicken lo mien. To most people this is not a horrific violation but I rarely eat this type of food so to start off my weekend on this note was not ideal!
Saturday...OY a VEY. Ate very well all day and then came dinner. Thankfully I got a solid workout in of some HIIT sprints and my functional workout but I am pretty sure 1000's HIIT sprints probably wouldn't undo the damage.
Pizza, may in fact be my favorite food. I could literally eat it every day if it were acceptable. Pizza not did exist in my diet ALL summer and I am talking about one pizza in particular. BACON, BBQ SAUCE, ONION AND CHICKEN pizza!!! This is the best freaking pizza you will ever taste. Downed 4 slices...easy. As my jeans began to feel a bit snug and was on the verge of a stomach ache...I did what any sensible person would do...got ice cream. What in the world was I thinking....!?>?>! First off, not even worth it! Second, I literally felt like my insides were dying a slow death. I couldn't even sleep on my stomach because it hurt so badly. I woke up the next morning with a FOOD HANGOVER. I was so thirsty and dehydrated from all of the sodium it felt like I had been out raging the night before. At this point you would have thought I had learned my lesson but no, Sunday consisted of football treats and chili and cupcakes.
I felt so disgusted with how I had let my self-control just go out the window. Typically a relaxed meal and some treats at this phase would not even bother me but it was the complete lack of self-control and glutenous behavior that makes me disgusted. I wasn't even still hungry yet I kept eating until I felt sick. This cannot go on! I refuse to give up all of my hard work during the week to completely let it go to shit once the weekend hits. My goal for this weekend is to make a nice clean dinner Friday night at home, enjoy a relaxed meal Saturday night and make a clean dinner Sunday with maybe a treat for desert. Get in a solid workout on Saturday and rest on Sunday. I will make this work!!
No one said this would be easy but I am starting to see the challenges ahead. Moderation, self control, consistency need to be in the forefront of my weekend eating. Life is too short not to enjoy treats and good food but it cannot undo the hard work I put in all week!
I will update on how the weekend goes...eeek!

No comments:
Post a Comment