Monday, October 1, 2012

Lights, Camera....SHOW TIME!!! - EDITED

Where do I begin....the day began as any other fall day would - waking up so tan that you barely recognize yourself and checking for streaks! I had taken a half day Thursday and Friday off from work and man it was a good idea!  After my spray tan Thursday I was so dark I would have looked like an absolute maniac going into the office.  The tan is highly sensitive to water to literally everything you do you have to be cognisant of the tan....and I mean everything!  I zip locked everything down to a science and prepped my food for the big day.  Thursday and Friday night I got absolutely no sleep!  One reason was this freaking tan which I was afraid to move and the other was pure excitement! 

No alarm necessary Saturday morning!  I had enough excitement and nerves of 20 kids on Christmas morning.  My hair and makeup appointment started at 9:30am so I headed to the CSF mother ship to get glamafied.  The hair and makeup was amazing!  I told the hairstylist ...big Texas hair...and she got the memo!! I then moved on to make-up and was so excited to have the one and only, Paula Harvey!  This lady knows her stuff! I am not used to wearing a ton of makeup so when I looked in the mirror after I was all done it was shocking!  I barely recognized myself but in a good way! We spend so much of our time sweaty and gross that the hair and makeup process was just what the doctor ordered.
I then headed to Regis College for our team meeting and registration.  Lucky number 15 was my identity for the day.  Being apart of Cathy Savage Fitness really made this experience amazing.  I don't know how people just decide to do a show without a team or a coach - I'd be lost.  One would think in this type of environment catty behavior would run rampid but to my surprise it was no where to be found. Do I have anything in my teeth?  how does my butt look?  Can you tie me up?  All questions that never went unanswered by teammates back stage.  I have to give a special thanks to Chantal, Cathy, Tara and Lauren who I met my very first day at CSF.  We stuck by one another through the whole process and I really could not have done it without them. 

5:45pm and it was time.  All the participants were called out on stage and my nerves were through the roof!  I saw the big row of my family and friends and I could have cried.  There is so much emotion that goes into this that when everything comes together it's magical.  I didn't have much time to really let the nerves set in because as soon as I walked off stage I had to go right back on into model club wear.  It was a very fast paced show so the changes were quick and as I went on again and again I felt more comfortable.  It felt so empowering to strut out there and give a little wink to the judges!  I was nervous inside but my family said it didn't show!  As fast as it started it was over and time for awards. 
Being a complete newcomer I really had no expectations so when my name was called for 5th place
model and 5th place bikini I was thrilled.   

HOLD THE PHONE.....I need to make an update.  After the results came out on the Fitness Universe website last week I noticed something odd.  The highest score you can get in the model division is 24 and as I am looking through my scores I see a 2.  A 2?!?! I could not sleep.  I kept thinking how could anyone hate a pink bathing suit that much!  Turns out that 2 was supposed to be a 22.  The results have since been revised and I found out I actually placed 2nd in the model division!!  As excited as this made me I can't help but feel guilty for taking away some one's spot.  My placing moved up but that forced others to go down and I know I shouldn't feel guilty but I do.  I know I earned 2nd place but I guess it's tainted now.  The day was amazing regardless of this mix up and whether it's 2nd or 5th place I wouldn't trade the day or the feeling I felt being on stage.  It's just unfortunate that the scoring could not have been accurate the first time around.

  In that moment I felt untouchable and it's a feeling that I will never forget.  After the show was over I could not wait to see my family and friends and well....EAT!  I had cookies, pizza, a muffin and chocolate covered apple slices and did not feel the least bit guilty! Yesterday I went to cheesecake factory to have what I had been waiting for the most...a CHEESEBURGER!  This wasn't just your average Joe Schmo burger...this was a BIG, Bacon-y,  onion ring, cheese burger and I ate every last bit. 

So now what....It's Monday again and it's all over - but is it really?  I am not just going to start going to the drive thru and eating pizza for dinner.  I plan on continuing the workouts and focusing on building more muscle.  I still plan on eating 6 meals a day.  I do plan on allowing myself a few drinks on the weekend and some relaxed meals but I do not want to give up everything I have worked so hard on just because I CAN.  I plan to attend Camp Savage Boston in January which will undoubtedly light my fire again for the 2013 shows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment