Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Photo Shoot 101

This past Thursday I participated in my very first photo shoot!  It was fitness themed so of course I went out to find bright colored sports bra's and shorts for the occasion.  Like a typical woman, nothing I already own will work ...I have to go out and buy something new.  I did however re-wear my Rogiani that I paid a pretty penny for!

The shoot was done by River's Edge Photographic Society and it was free of charge for models.  I was initially pretty hesitant about going to the shoot since I did stumble upon it on facebook and really had no clue who the people were.  Thankfully a savage sister agreed to do the shoot with me which made life a million times better!  I got my spray tan and make-up done and decided to do my own hair to attempt at save money since I have been so awful at that the last few months!

 
There were a bunch of different photographers and 3 different photo sets.  The photographers would rotate and at the end of the month I will receive a cd with pictures from each different photographer..kind of cool, right?  I wasn't necessarily nervous but I was clueless.  Photo shoots are NOT as easy as they look!  Hand position, "smizing" with your eyes and then smiling with your face...all can be a little confusing when you have an actual camera man standing in front of you!  Overall it was a great learning experience and had a blast!  I have gotten a few pictures back from photographers which has been neat to see the different shots.  Each photographer had their own style so it's interesting to compare. 

The week was not ideal for eating either.  I had made a conscious effort not to diet down for this shoot and that plan went off course a bit!  I had to go out for lunch with work on Monday which I attempted to look for something healthy at an Italian restaurant but my scallops and green beans were smothered in butter and salt..not ideal.  We had a Halloween party at work on Thursday (day of shoot) but bought a million bags of Halloween candy to prepare which led to eating a few too many Reese's cups...not only once but twice. In my mind I kept yelling at myself...like..what the hell are you doing...but the sugar is so addicting once you start!  The shoot was the next day and I pretty sure Halloween candy should not be on the menu .  Either way, it happened and I moved on.  The best thing I have learned through this journey is we are NOT perfect and we fall off the wagon.  The most important thing is to carry on as usual.  Most people who have a really bad weekend will say.."Monday, Monday I will get back on track" but why not start now.  Chug some water, eat some clean foods and move on. 

I am still really struggling with these sugar cravings but everything takes time and nothing will happen overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment