Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Real Life vs. Show Life....

The show is over and life has returned back to normal.  I am trying desperately to refrain from these chocolate cravings I am having but other that that post-show life is going well.  I have been eating my 6 meals a day during the week and then having my relaxed meal and a few extras on the weekend.  Believe it or not...I STILL have not had a drink...WHAT A LAME-OOO!! For whatever reason I don't miss alcohol.  There will be certain moments that I could go for a glass of wine to unwind but in reality I would rather save those calories for food.  

Learning how to return to "normal" life is a bit weird.  I have been so strict for so long now that I forget that it's OKAY to have a piece of bread out at dinner.  It's defiantly a tricky balance that everyone has to find.  Also, grasping the fact that I have to gain some weight.  People see pictures from shows and comment on how awesome you look but reality is....that is not real life.  No one looks like they do in a show year round because for one...you would be miserable and two, it's just not healthy. 

I want to gain healthy weight and work on building muscle but I won't lie that gaining weight is a hard pill to swallow.  Body image can be a real touchy subject and whether you struggle with it or not it can still play mind games.  This industry requires you to really know who you are inside and out otherwise it's easy to get consumed with a number on the scale and calories in vs calories out. 

The next few months will be an adjustment I am sure but I am really looking forward to it.  I love being able to try new healthy recipes and go for a nice relaxed run every now and again.  Overall, I would recommend doing a show just as long as you're doing it for the right reasons. 

Look a little different huh? As much as I enjoy looking at the pictures from the show and appreciating all my hard work..focusing on the every day me is more important. 

      vs
Me in REAL EVERY DAY LIFE

ONE DAY ONLY

No comments:

Post a Comment