5 weekssss!!! Now we are talkinggggg! This is my favorite part of the competition prep. You're probably thinking to yourself...high cardio, low starches...why the heck is this your favorite part? Besides the fact that I hate cardio and love my starches this is the time when the magic starts happening. At 10 weeks out nothing really changes and the big day seems so far away. Once you pass the half way point things start to GET REAL! When you are almost in the same month as your show..you know..it's go big or go home time. I am noticing changes in my body and things are starting to tighten up. My good ole' abbies are bacck in town and it's nice to see them again. My cardio as well as diet has switched up this week and I am interested to see how it goes.
I am very excited about the next upcoming weeks! Why, you ask? Well, for starters, I have a private posing session with my FABU coach Janelle. I can't wait to come up with something special for my theme wear. I am also visiting my best friend for her birthday in Boston on Saturday night :). No booze for this girl but some best friend time is all I really need anyways! I am also meeting with a tailor this week to make some much needed alternations on my model club wear dress as well as sportswear. I am obsessed with my dress for model but it needs some alterations so I am praying that she can work some magic! THEN...Dun Dun Dun...VACATIONNNN!!!!
 |
2011..had lost some weight but had not
discovered clean eating just yet |
 |
2012 discovered the Get in Shape Girl..
clean eating, circuit training and HIIT |
I have two more Monday wake-ups and then I will be leaving for Florida for one of my favorite vacations of the year. This will be my fourth year going to Anna Maria Island with my family and 3rd year bringing the boy toy along. As anxious as I am about the food situation I am more excited to RELAX! Seriously, between work, workouts, food prep ect...I am beat! We rent a condo while we are there so I have access to a full kitchen which I will be spending some time in prepping some meals for the week. We will be eating out for dinner every night but at that point I will be 3 weeks out from the show...I have NO choice but to make smart decisions. Will it be hard...um YA! Will I be sad to watch my bf drink my fav Tommy Bahama's pina colada and coconut cake...YA but in the end, it's one week of my life...suck it up. The upside of going on vacation 3 weeks before my show is the fact that I just bought 4 new Victoria's Seceret bathing suits and I can't wait to wear them!! If I can't eat anything bad on vacation I sure as hell will be sporting some cute clothes. I am excited to compare my pictures from this year to 2011 and 2012.
One my teammates made a good point the other day. We look at ourselves in the mirror everyday and over analyze our bodies so that sometimes we don't see the progress being made. She compared her pictures from January to now and it was amazing. It's not like I had a ton if weight to lose this time around. My focus has been more about building and tightening. Below are my pics from January to now. The difference is not earth shattering but it's a nice reminder that hard work pays off. Nothing changes overnight and we have to be patient with our results.
 |
| Jan 2013 - March 18th |
Progress Pics: 3/21/13
weight: 133.4 (droppin' it like it's HOT)
how exciting, you have so much going on. you look great and are totally going to rock that stage. Wish you were doing miami but hopefully I can get up to see you all for a Slaughterday after miami's show. Have fun in Florida. The weather here has been awesome.
ReplyDeleteAmy Gaskins