News on the horizon! After my show I really wanted to treat myself to a photo shoot as a reward for all of my hard work. I had a photo shoot booked but financially things were too tight too pull it off so I had to cancel. I stumbled upon an opportunity last week for a fitness photo shoot through a photography society close by. They were looking for models and I figured what the heck...I'll submit my name. This shoot is free for models so I figured it would be a great experience to learn about shoots and posing ect. After I submitted my name I started to have second thoughts. My body has finally returned back to it's normal state without cravings post show. I am loving my new muscle building meal plan which incorporates more starches, fruits and fats. Do I really want to diet down for a week and get back into that show mentality? Mentally I can't right now...after much debate and some great advice from some fitness friends I decided to move forward with the shoot....under one condition. I will not diet down.
When I say "diet down" I am talking about a relatively strict diet of low to medium starches and reduced protein, fats ect. This diet is a week plan which still has me eating and drinking lots of water but you have to be mentally committed to doing it. For the show this was fine because I was all in and giving it everything I had but this is a free photo shoot. In my off season from competing I am trying to ELIMINATE the word diet from my vocabulary. Diets typically have an end point and the decision to live a healthier lifestyle is forever. When I look at pictures from my show I see a lean rocking body that is unattainable for my everyday life. I don't want people to see photos from my show and assume that is what I look like because it's not. I want images of myself that reflect reality. I work hard and eat well and my body is not perfect but I am okay with that. I decided not to "diet down" because I want people to see photos of how I look everyday..maybe some extra makeup and tanner but a relatively accurate portrayal of what 80% clean eating and kicking butt in the gym can achieve. Since the show I have put on a solid 5 or so pounds which I was prepared for and I will probably gain more. I am in the process of building more muscle which requires me to eat more.
I ate out this weekend..Mexican to be exact..enjoyed my mom's homemade apple crisp and had a cocktail. If this were a show I was preparing for this would be a BIG BIG NO NO...but I did not stress it. This is a normal weekend for someone who is NOT competing. I put in my 6 days a week of training at the gym and was not going to restrict myself. It's important for women to see pictures of other women that are not manipulated by fad or harsh diets just to fit that image of perfection. Whether I have a little extra meat on me for the shoot is not what's important. I work just as hard for my body in the gym and kitchen and I want people to see the REAL me.
Ugh screw dieting down. I'll never do it again. However, when I do another photo shoot I will certainly take out foods that increase inflammation in my body and taper my water the day before... but I won't cut my almond butter or my whole eggs!!! Good for you girl!
ReplyDelete